Got an opportunity to look into the acunetix version 11. With this version, they have gone ahead with the web based version which is kind of good. When I look into it, these are the positive vibes I get.
- I can exclude certain hours from the scan configuration. Say, I don’t want the scan to run at my night time, I can set so.
- Likewise, if I need a manual intervention for a captcha, I can have options for that.
But that’s it. I am not able to find another feature that will make me go gaga over Acunetix.
- Their scanning profile actually looks scary as I don’t know what rules are part of complete scan and what rules are part of High Risk scan. I can’t seem to customize either.
- I seem to have had lot more control on the scan and application configuration with the desktop based product than on the web version. Though I realize that many utilities that came shipped with the desktop based version are now freebies, the web version looks like of empty.
- I really don’t seem to figure how to pause and resume a scan. Desktop version had it.
- Detailed Logging, Google hacking database and many fine tuning option, it looks like it all went missing.
A much disappointing build I should say. Probably, will wait for the next build.